Sweethearts

Sweethearts
photo by Smilin' Down Photography

Monday, April 16, 2012

Music Class

Sadie and I have been attending a music class at a nearby school on Saturday mornings. Halfway through the first class Sadie wanted to leave. I spent that first class wrangling her and keeping her from playing all the instruments that she was not supposed to touch. I was exhausted and thinking to myself- what did I get myself into!? As the weeks went on, she began to listen and engage with the activities. I was no longer wrangling her, but we were enjoying the class together.

We signed up for another session of the class and I am amazed at her growth. She remembers the songs and her teachers name. She looks forward to music class each week. What I love the most is to hear her sing the songs at home, in the car, and while out and about. There is something really special about a little girl singing. Her voice is just so sweet.

This weekend while we were leaving Costco, she was singing and this lady in front of us turned around and told Sadie, "What a beautiful singing voice you have." What a nice compliment, of course I was as proud as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment